ASTYM (Augmented Soft Tissue Mobilization)
Physical Therapists use a number of tools and techniques to decrease pain and restore function. One of the most effective is ASTYM which stands for Augmented Soft Tissue Mobilization.
Ongoing pain can be the result of unhealthy tissue. ASTYM directly addresses this dysfunctional soft tissue, which in many cases is the underlying source of many problems!
ProActive Physical Therapy has one of the few experts in Tucson and Oro Valley who are well trained in this amazing treatment technique. To schedule an appointment with Dr. DeRosa please contact our Thornydale clinic at 520-742-7107.
Commonly Treated Conditions The following are some of the many diagnoses that demonstrate excellent clinical results when treated with the ASTYM system:
- Achilles tendinopathy
- Ankle sprain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- DeQuervain's tenosynovitis
- Golfer's elbow (medial epicondylosis)
- Groin sprain/strain
- Hamstring strain
- Impingement/tendinopathy of the rotator cuff
- IT band syndrome
- Joint contractures
- Jumper's knee (patellar tendinopathy)
- Overuse injuries
- Pain or loss of motion following surgery or trauma
- Plantar fasciopathy/heel spurs
- Scar tissue/adhesions
- Shin splints
- Tennis elbow (lateral epicondylosis)
- Thumb/finger sprain
- Wrist sprain
Here is what people are saying!
- "ASTYM helped to loosen up my tendon." -C.W"
- "ASTYM treatment seemed to make the msot significant difference in pain relief and less tightness to my achilles tendon." -R. R.
- "This treatment have been very beneficial and I see real improvment in my walk-limp is practically gone!" -J.A.
- " ASTYM is what I believed helped the most. It made my foot feel more open and mobile. The best!" -S.T.
- "Thanks to this procedure I am now 90% pain free. I have more movement and flexibility in my ankles and knees." -K.S.
- "ASTYM was very effective. I have more mobility through my low back and pelvis than I ever had prior to my injury." -B.B.
Call today to schedule an appointment and begin moving forward!